Wednesday, October 20, 2010
meet my friend, winnie the pooh.
true, he's a bear, and full of fluff, but just like me, he's also learning as he goes along...
1. It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"
2. You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.
3. If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.
4. You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count.
5. Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.
6. A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.
7. Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.
8. When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish.
9. Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon.
10. A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.
11. Before beginning a Hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it.
12. When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out.
13. Some people care too much, I think it's called love.
image: quote from Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh's best friend.