1. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
2. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go. With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
3. Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
4. We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
5. If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.
6. Be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act.
7. Only you can control your future.
8. If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way. You have to go places no others can get to. You have to get cold and you have too get wet, too.
9. Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
*All wonderful pieces of cake courtesy of Dr Seuss.