Saturday, November 19, 2011
La dolce far niente
Following an unexpected craving for cake, I settled for Maltesers.
Courtesy of the cool hunter
1. A kid may be cute, but that doesn't mean he won't poop his pants.
2. The need for recognition is hard-wired, no matter how much you may want to think you're over it, hearing someone's unsolicited praise you will never get old.
3. The ability to bake a successful quiche is an indication of unsurpassed cooking skills.
4. When pouring questionable drinks, ensure you are not pouring them for questioning minds.
5. When an adult puts some strawberries on a plate, it is safe to assume that they intend to eat them. Assume no such thing when it comes to a child, they will most likely stomp on them. Then maybe eat them.
6. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is. If you're allowed to watch glee for 45 minutes with three males in the room, it is best to prepare yourself for the two hours of football which will ensue.
7. If seeking a humbling experience, don't expect to find it on The Palm.
8. A kid-friendly environment is much more friendly minus the kids.
9. The best managers don't manage projects, people or things, they manage expectations.
10. The secret to life is mastering the art of "la dolce far niente."
11. Don't let this be your autobiography: