Saturday, November 19, 2011
Following an unexpected craving for cake, I settled for Maltesers.
Courtesy of the cool hunter
1. A kid may be cute, but that doesn't mean he won't poop his pants.
2. The need for recognition is hard-wired, no matter how much you may want to think you're over it, hearing someone's unsolicited praise you will never get old.
3. The ability to bake a successful quiche is an indication of unsurpassed cooking skills.
4. When pouring questionable drinks, ensure you are not pouring them for questioning minds.
5. When an adult puts some strawberries on a plate, it is safe to assume that they intend to eat them. Assume no such thing when it comes to a child, they will most likely stomp on them. Then maybe eat them.
6. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is. If you're allowed to watch glee for 45 minutes with three males in the room, it is best to prepare yourself for the two hours of football which will ensue.
7. If seeking a humbling experience, don't expect to find it on The Palm.
8. A kid-friendly environment is much more friendly minus the kids.
9. The best managers don't manage projects, people or things, they manage expectations.
10. The secret to life is mastering the art of "la dolce far niente."
11. Don't let this be your autobiography:
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
"Rarely have wiser words been spoken.
Read these, embrace them as my goodwill token"
1. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
2. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go. With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
3. Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
4. We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.
5. If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.
6. Be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act.
7. Only you can control your future.
8. If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way. You have to go places no others can get to. You have to get cold and you have too get wet, too.
9. Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
*All wonderful pieces of cake courtesy of Dr Seuss.