1. Beginnings, middles and ends: all equally elusive. You never know which part you're in until it's too late.
2. Je ne sais quoi is either something you have or something you don't. It is not something you can hope to gain or achieve.
3. Sometimes communicating with the same person in more than one language is the most efficient way to do so.
4. There's no such thing as what you "should" do, only what you "want" and "can” do.
5. Seldom is orchestrating a plan to get a girl on the same bus to another city easier than talking her into a cup of coffee.
6. It is a scary thing to relate to every page of a book you are reading.
7. Knowing that you have the ability to exert your willpower is one of the greatest feelings one can experience.
8. A bittersweet beginning, middle or end is not a terrible thing; so long as there's more sweet than bitter.