|My idea of Heaven. Courtesy of www.theselby.com|
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Matters of the heart
A windy afternoon; ideal for a piece of cake and a good book...
1. Going to work every other day is ideal, and actually quite productive. Actually, very productive.
2. Having someone tell you they enjoy your work generally encourages you to do more of it.
3. « Fait attention de pas avoir les yeux plus gros que le ventre. » - a very clever French proverb
4. Do not let “regretful” be an option for how you feel after you decide to do something – think ahead.
5. ‘There is no smoke without fire’ & ‘Go with your gut’ are two important lessons that often go hand-in-hand.
6. When seeing an old friend, the easiest way to catch up is to simply pick up where you left off.
7. The best way to diagnose a food allergy is to take picture of the rash and send it to your mother.
8. Indulgent eating is very much like falling in love – when you are in the moment, it feels so right and often what you imagine heaven to be like, but sadly it often leaves you with an uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach.
9. When waiting to see a good friend for longer than anticipated, it is essential to remember that it will always be worth the wait.
10. Sometimes it takes an immeasurable amount of mental training to stop feeling a certain way. Sometimes, even that is not enough.
11. Never let your boss be aware of how efficient you actually are. That way, you can always ensure you have a few minutes during the day to daydream and play scrabble.
12. Matters of the heart are always a serious issue; do not approach them lightly.