Saturday, November 20, 2010
Wishbones & Backbones
Someone intelligent once said: "Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be." Life is about doing just that. Of course, Cake helps. Remember to have a big slice... and eat it too.
1. No matter how much you love your job, a day off is always better than a day at work.
2. When playing Monopoly, ownership of the railroads is the key.
3. People who expect to be served on a silver platter rarely get what they expect.
4. A night out at Boudoir following a deep and thought-provoking movie represents the ultimate balance between spiritual discovery and hedonism.
5. You will get a better tan by the pool in the desert that you do by the sea at the beach.
6. The influence of alcohol masks the truth for some, but reveals it for others. Even after knowing someone for several years, it will still be hard to tell which is the case.
7. Location, location, location: Only truly important when you are playing Monopoly.
8. Not all card games are created equal. Some require more funds (and clothing) than others.
9. A holiday destination can be both literally and metaphorically "dirty"; try not to let one overwhelm the other.
10. Karma may be a bitch, but eventually, she catches up with you. At least that's what I hear.
11. "Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions."