Saturday, November 6, 2010
The Silver Screen
Things I've learnt from the big screen.
(sometimes re-watched over and over on the small screen)
I had initially included the source movie of each but decided to take them out.
It would be more fun to let you guess.
(No prizes for correct answers. All I can offer is a fleeting sense of self-satisfaction)
1. There exists a different pie which is perfect for every occasion.
2. The most telling parts of a relationship are the conversations at the beginning and the conversations at the end.
3. If you think you have a really awesome idea, don't share it with someone smarter than you.
4. The small things you loved about someone at the beginning of a relationship, are very likely to be the big things you will hate about them at the end of it.
5. Decidedly leaving something unnamed will not make you any less attached to it.
6. You may think you are too heartbroken and depressed to ever laugh again. But you will... when something is really really funny.
7. "The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem."
8. You are your own worst enemy and your own best friend.
9. The more embellishments in a story, the more likely it is to be untrue.
10. It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. Unfortunately, you will not realize you had a choice in the matter until it is far too late.