Sunday, October 31, 2010

Behind closed doors


I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!
-
Alice in Wonderland

----


1. A momentary relapse will often result in taking three steps back when you intended to take a baby one forward.

2. When purchasing a shirt and tie for someone older and wiser, go bold, but not too bold. And listen to the salesperson.

3. The overlap of people who value their privacy and people who are on social networks is a null set. If you value your social interactions more than your privacy, then you are on Facebook; otherwise, you are not.

4. It is hard to squeeze 7 years worth of a company's history into a 2 hour movie. It is inevitable that yes, some things will be left out.

5. Birthday parties with a children's theme will often spur people to act childishly.

6. If an expert tea taster tells you Darjeeling is his favourite tea, you should probably try Darjeeling.

7. It is cumbersome to have an argument when the participants do not share the same vocabulary.

8. If you don't remember putting on a clown suit, then you definitely had too much to drink.

9. Living like a hermit and living off-the-grid are two distinctly different ambitions. Doing both is most ambitious.

10. "Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating."

11. Being a personal shopper is more difficult than it seems. But BBM helps.

12. GPS is the easiest way to find someone when you are lost. (It is also the easiest way to stalk someone.)

13. No-one ever knows what happens behind closed doors.


No comments:

Post a Comment