Monday, November 24, 2008
Sometimes sequences of events, although seemingly random, may fit snugly and quite alarmingly into the big picture.......
1. A bottle of wine is only as good as the company, yes, but also the food you eat it with.
2. When eating fancy food, one must find a way to distinguish between garnish, decoration and preparation.
3. Terrible service and exceptional service can co-exist in the same day. The memory of the latter far outweighs the memory of the former.
4. You can never go wrong when ordering lobster.
5. When one is in a hurry, one somehow becomes a traffic magnet.
6. Owed favours, although appreciative, do have an expiry date.
7. 'Table for 6' can become 'table for 7' with a smile and excessive compliments to the hostess.
8. Men see cars the same way women see jewelry: a safer endroit where to invest their love.
9. Silently willing someone to stay is simply not enough to get them to stay.
10. Waking up in the morning to a lack of pancakes, coffee or kisses is a modern form of torture.
11. Ordering a cake is serious business.
12. "Don't try to weasel your way out of something, you will just end up weaseling your way into something much worse."
13. Even when placed on a to-do list, things are consistently easier said than done.